The Altona Test Suite is a standard test tool used by more than two thousand print shops and media companies. The ATS 2.0 Application Kit from bvdm is another important contribution to the international application and development of process standardization according to ISO 12647.
The Altona Test Suite was first released in 2004, was extended in 2005 and in 2013 was published as a version 2.0 in a completely revised edition including several additional web-press references. Starting with Drupa 2016, the extended application kit has been supplemented with updates covering the new printing environments “PSO Coated v3” (FOGRA51) and “PSO Uncoated v3 (FOGRA52)” for ISO 12647-2:2013.
The primary function of ATS2 is to monitor PDF/X compliance and colour accuracy of all software and hardware components in a PDF/X workflow from premedia to the print run. The extended Application Kit comprises reference data files for application tests, reference prints (offset) produced according to ISO 12647-2:2004/Amd1:2007 and -2:2013, a comprehensive documentation in English and German and the standard printing conditions according to ISO 12647 (characterisation data and ICC profiles). The PDF/X data files of Altona Test Suite 2.0 are employed for the evaluation of digital output systems such as proofing solutions, CtP systems, conventional and digital printing systems.
Scope of delivery Application Kit 2013:
- PDF/X-3 reference files (Measure, Visual, roman16-1/2/3/4, Technical 1/2) for offset printing, newsprinting and gravure printing
- 10 DIN-A3 reference prints of each 6 Test Suite files for sheetfed offset and heatset web offset (AM screening: Fogra39 matte and glossy, Fogra40, Fogra45, Fogra47; FM screening: Fogra43, Fogra44)
- Characterization data, ICC profiles, ECI/bvdm Gray Control Strips 2012
- Documentation (English/German, 180 pages)
Scope of delivery Update 2016:
- PDF/X-4 reference files (Measure, Visual, roman16-1/2/3/4) offset printing only
- DIN-A3 reference prints of each 6 Test Suite files for sheetfed offset and heatset web offset (AM screening: Fogra51, Fogra52)
- Characterization data and Media Wedge subsets, ICC profiles, DeviceLink-Profils, ECI/bvdm Gray Control Strips 2015
- Documentation (English/German, 16 pages)