The «Visual Print Reference» (VPR) is intended to check every production process step in an efficient way. The test form consists of a total of eight pages, which are provided as RGB and CMYK data sets via download link and as printed reference sheets.
The Visual PRINT Reference contains specially selected images, which quickly show printing process variations that reveal printing problems. Using the test pages you can visually assess the monitor colour appearance, digital proofing and the printing acc. to ISO 12647-2:2013. For measurement-based evaluation the «Ugra/Fogra Media Wedge CMYK v3.0» and the «ECI GrayCon M i1 v3» are integrated on all 8 test pages.
The reference prints (as of April 2021) have been printed on three standardised printing conditions:
- Printing condition PC1, coated papers PS1 (conforms to PSO/ISO 12647-2:2013)
- Printing condition PC5, uncoated papers PS5 (conforms to PSO/ISO 12647-2:2013)
- Printing condition PC5, uncoated papers PS5 (TVI and spread conforming to PSO/ISO 12647-2:2013)
The VPR papers used can be obtained from the paper trade:
- PC1 according to PSOcoated_v3 printed on Antalis Novatech FSC 135 g/m2
- PC5 to PSOuncoated_v3 printed on Antalis Edixion FSC 150 g/m2
- PC5 according to PSOuncoated_v3 printed on Papyrus PlanoJet 160 g/m2 as high white reference with optical brighteners